StayHuman
StayHuman MessageBoard Policy
StayHuman MessageBoard
A place for spearits around the world

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lima
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aja

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Lima

The sun dawns on the rat trap
Where thousands chase dreams
And millions just follow a quickest ways to fortune road map
Others just chase a meal a good raid on the trashcans some change to feed the beast
As cops polish blue steel to guard chaos with piercing eyes
A never ending dance to a vibrating rhythm never ending never ceasing
The rat racing of millions
Avenidas congest as all is for sale all the time
A united minded organism feeding on dimes
A whirlpool of money
Between smog painted concrete towers
That try to reach above the stench
Where the elite isolates itself
In harmless music, design, dress and dance
Obsessed by romance
In the skybox of a kill or be killed arena
Shut up and spend call it happiness
And chase pussy in the meantime
But amongst the dirt the dead the rat racing
The smog the ugly neon the constant destroying and building of just another head to this fuming pulsating serpent
Grow the most beautiful of flowers
With the noblest of hearts and the sharpest of minds
Davids and Mona Lisas standing head up facing fearless
The omnipotent rotten smelling blizzard
Of the rat racing of millions
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: To Sir with. . ."L" word

Hey aja, really good poem. Love, Haircut called Arthur

Last edited by Haircut called Arthur on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday, aja!!! May you have fun fun fun!!!

Blessings, Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: thanks hca

Hey HCA,
I haven't been to the board in a while, thanks for the message.
Regards, aja
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Cool

I'm glad you are back, aja. Hope you are still having fun! I'm lucky to live in a world with you in it.

Later Gator, Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: I agree

I second that emotion!!!

Hey aja, I was wondering. . .I noticed on the Spearhead album Yell Fire!, the Live version, that they recorded the live concert in Belgium, and Michael Franti thanked his Belgian fans at the end of the concert, so I was wondering if you were able to attend that concert?

I see that Spearhead is next to tour with John Mayer, and will hit Portland, Oregon next Spring, I'll be there, no doubt!!! Very exciting! They will be rocking The Rose Garden, a huge stadium and a first for Spearhead, usually they play a club downtown and between two nights maybe three thousand attend, The Rose Garden holds 19 thousand!!!! Wow! I just know they will rock the house! The stadium is fairly new and was built specifically to host concerts and sports events, so it has wonderful acoustics and is a good place if one is to see big acts around here.

There are many venues in the Northwest, people go out a lot to concerts around here, for sure. I do prefer the smaller venues, of course, but I've seen so many great acts at The Rose Garden, I have good memories. I've seen Queen, David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Elton John, Paul McCartney, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Carlos Santana, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jackson Browne, so many great performers, and now I'll see Spearhead there, can't wait!!! I hope they sell out the show, they are very popular up here, we are neighbors, Spearhead being from San Francisco. John Mayer is a good singer too.

Anyway, aja, I missed conversing with you, since I know you are a real fan of Spearhead, plus you are funny and a very fine poet too.

Later, Gator, Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject:

I can see why Spearhead wanted to record in Belgium, such cool people. . .

Later, Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject:

I don't know if I was at that show. I did see a yell fire show in Brussels maybe it was that one. I like the new album. I saw them this summer at kaktus festival, beautiful setting but a bit short for my taste (what can I say I'm a spoiled brat). Cherine Anderson was also pretty cool but her contribution on the album's rather limited.
You're welcome to write.
Bye
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: OneLove

Dear aja:

Thank you so much, I love your words, your voice in your writing carries your unique Spearit across a deep and wide ocean. I am so grateful to you in so many ways, too many to name in any one lifetime. I am sure there are other Spearits who feel the same, and I know that you have touched many many lives with your talents as a teacher and your bright goodness as a friend to many worldwide, you are a world citizen.

You probably were at that Yell Fire live show, and that is so cool that you saw Spearhead recently. This past summer they did tour with The Black Crows but they only made it up to Eugene, too far for me, I have a hard time making it out to Portland as it is, so they did not play Portland and I missed the Eugene show.

So that is one reason I am so excited to see Spearhead next March in Portland with John Mayer. He is a good singer and guitar player, he leans left politically and is really good friends with Jackson Browne and Bonnie Raitt, and a friend of Jackson and Bonnie is a friend of mine. . .so it is a good fit for Spearhead, I guess John Mayer is the headliner but really it could be either way, especially in Portland, Spearhead is very popular here.

OneLove, Haircut called Arthur

Last edited by Haircut called Arthur on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject:

Hey again aja:

I would do anything for you. . .

Later, Gator, Haircut called Arthur

Last edited by Haircut called Arthur on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject:

Hi again, aja:

Oh, I agree, the new Spearhead album is very good. I saw them on The Ellen DeGeneres Show recently and I was inspired to go to the Speargear store online and I bought the entire Spearhead library, and then some, so now I have all the albums and I also bought the DVD of the film I Know I'm Not Alone. I had seen Spearhead about five times in concert but I was missing a couple of the albums and now I have the entire collection, a good thing. . .so I'm rocking out!!!

Oh, recently I attended a concert with Robby Krieger, the guitar God and Ray Manzarek, keyboard God of The Doors, with their band, played all Doors songs and really did the songs justice, it was at a small club in Portland, a peak exSpearience for me, have loved Ray and Robby since I was about seven years old!!!! The singer was channeling Jim, and they dedicated the whole concert to Jim Morrison, so coooooooolllll!! Of course I danced all through the concert, and it was so much fun!!!! aja, I wish you had been there dancing with me, we could have so much fun!!!

Bye Belgian Man, write soon, Haircut called Arthur

Last edited by Haircut called Arthur on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject:

Good morning aja:

Oh, I just saw a news report on these American rock and roll groups protesting and suing the U.S. Government for using their music as a method of torture at Guantanamo Bay, like Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine and Pearl Jam. Ha ha, just goes to show what the government thinks of rock music, I bet they wouldn't use Spearhead, too many political messages, might give the poor torture victims an idea of freedom. I think listening to Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck would be torture. It has come out in the news that the C.I.A. has been attempting to read and categorize the writings of people on the "internets", so there, Big Brotha, you know how to get to me, Right Wing radio, like fingernails on a blackboard. It is a good thing I don't have anything the government wants, oh, except tax money, which I pay fully and on time, they do want money. That is so tubular.

Well, the U.S.A. is not as exciting as some third world nation on the brink of revolution, though we have been known to cause such things. I know you like to live dangerously, so the Democratic Republic of Oregon may be too tame for you. . .

I'll wait for you. Haircut called Arthur

Last edited by Haircut called Arthur on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Haircut called Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject:

Actually, the U.S. economy is that of a third world nation and culturally we are on the brink of a revolution, hmmmmm, how about a Belgian Invasion, now that is something to look forward to. . .

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject:

Yeah, you know how they used to say that something was as "American as apple pie"? Well, these days we import our apples from China, so I guess the saying would go "American as Chinese apple pie", not appetizing if you ask me, I'd rather eat Belgian Waffles, yum yum!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StayHuman MessageBoard Forum Index -> Poetry All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: